Thursday, June 28, 2012

Picc line success!

Good morning to all. I really mean that to, because I am typing this at 245 am. We just got home about an hour ago. We spent most of the day catching up on bills, paperwork for the twins, and more paperwork for the twins. Then Craig took a much needed nap today. I didn't care if he slept all day, as long as he slept. So we had a late start, but it's okay. So here is the deal tonight.

Brady
There are not a lot of changes in Brady today. Which is fine I will take it. I can't remember if we mentioned that he had an echo done, and he does have a heart murmur. She was unsure of what grade is was, but she said she could hear it. He received three doses of his medcine to help it, which I apologize, I can't remember the name of. We will see if this closes the hole, and go from there. They will recheck an echo soon, but she was not sure when. She said that after they check it, they can give another round of it if it's still there. After that, she wasn't sure of the next step, but potentially it could be a surgery thing in the future. His hemoglobin and bilirubin were up a little, but not enough that it was a concern. His pcv was up too, it was lower at one point. He did receive a PICC line in his arm this evening, which is awesome. She explained to us that as of right now, the lines were going into the umbilical cord. There are two lines. They can only use them for so long because the belly button starts to close up, and then it pinches the line. His was not closing yet, so they had time, but they wanted to do it if able to avoid problems later. He did receive another transfusion today. Otherwise he was doing well. He responded to our voices, and opened his eyes while we talked to him. He was kicking a lot, and moving his arms. They said last night that he even wiggled out of his diaper. He has a bunch of hair, and really big feet. I understand the hair, but the feet are a question because I have small ones, and Craig's are a normal size too. This kid has Shaq like feet. haha.  We were able to get close today because his incubator top was open.
                  He hates his tube in. When he can't turn his head he gets annoyed and grabs his tube.
                                                                           I see you!
Okay, I love/hate this picture. I love it because I can really start to see his little features, and all that hair. I hate it because it makes me sad that the tape on his face pulls his skin so hard, and it looks all broken out. The nurses say that all of it will heal, and that the skin will shed, but it is still hard to look at.
                                                        Take a look at those feet, haha.

Patrick
Patrick finally got a PICC line! Yea! This is exciting because they had already tried twice with no luck. He was getting very stressed out, and his blood pressure was rising. They had to up his O2 after wards. Craig called after we arrived home, (they were going to try again while we were leaving) and they said they got it in, and he did well.  His belly button was starting to close, so the samples were becoming harder to get.  He had a transfusion also. His blood gases were the same. They lowered his Fentanyl drip. He is still on the oscillator.  They said that they tried to leave him alone tonight as much as they could. The PICC lines really stressed him out, so they wanted him to settle down for the rest of the night. The nurse he had tonight has had him before, and said that she has good luck with him. He seems to do very well with her. She was very nice!
                                                           Waiting for his new line.
Moved a little for us, but was quiet tonight.
                               Just to show you how small the diaper is. It is actually huge on them.

Mommy and Daddy
Everyone has been asking about us too. We are doing well, just lacking sleep. Get used to it right? We know, and we are. Now that I am out of the hospital, it is one less trip that Craig has to take. That makes it so much easier for him, believe me. I seem to be doing much better after the last surgery. Hipefully it will last! I am not going back to the hospital again, I refuse. I will treat myself with IV fluids at home. so far so good though, I have a small amount of pain, but no fever. Craig is doing better now that he has had a little sleep. Hopefully we can get ourselves on a schedule this week. The late nights are tough. We are doing our best though and we seem to be stronger than we ever thought.

I just wanted to thank all the people again that donated blood to the boys. There were about 20 people from work that donated, and the boys are getting that blood now.  Also, a big thanks to Craig's co-workers. They also donated, and set up donation locations at fire stations in different cities. Awesome, just awesome. I have said thank you a million times, but I feel like that phrase doesn't cut it any more.  Words cannot express what you all mean to us, and I wouldn't even know how to tell you all how much we appreciate all of you. You are all rock stars! I am so glad to have you all in our lives, and I look forward to you being in the boys lives too.I feel like everyone just officially became aunts and uncles.

Emily and Craig, signing out.....zzzzzzzzzz






No comments:

Post a Comment