Friday, June 29, 2012

26 weeks old today!

We got to touch the babies!! We got to touch the babies!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!  Okay, now that we got that out, let me compose myself.

Good evening everyone, how are you tonight?  We are fantastic! Thanks for asking, haha. We got to the hospital tonight and saw that Brady and Patrick had the same nurse. It happened to be the one that put both PICC lines in them, so we know they were in good hands. Even better, she said that she asked to be Primary nurse on Brady, and the nurse that Patrick does well with asked to be his primary. Awesome, good news already. She had mentioned that she had just closed his incubator, but then a few minutes later said she would let us "in." We were able to get to get really good pics of Patrick. I excitedly took pics, and as she was walking away she said "you can touch him." OKAY!!!! So, I foamed my hands really well, and dove in! I touched his hands, his arms and chest, and rubbed his little head. He held on to my pinky after a little bit. Touch still startles them a little, but he did well. He did open his eyes while I was talking to him. You could tell it took all the strengh that he had to do it to. Then we went to visit Brady, and she said we could touch him too! I was very excited because I had never touched Brady before. This was my first contact with him. I can not wait to hold these little nuggets.  We learned today that Brady gets very excited with touch. He was moving all over the place! I actually had to stop touching him because his heart rate was going up. I didn't want to stress him out, but I was so excited!

                                                                I am in love
Okay so here are the updates from tonight.

Brady
Brady is doing well tonight, excpet for when I touch him, haha. He did not need a transfusion today. They are taking blood gases very twelve hours instead of four. He's on room air right now.  He looks good at this time. Hopefully it will hold. He was moving around a lot tonight. He was more on his side, and he looked more comfortable.
                                                     
More tape on his chin now, uughhh!
                                                             He likes his feet out!

Patrick
Patrick's O2 was at 28% tonight. He did not need a transfusion either. They did increase his Fentanyl because his blood pressure was going up. They think that it's because he is moving around to much. The doctor was giving rounds while we were visiting. She laughed and said that they are moving way to much, and they are very feisty. She said that she felt bad for me because she knows that they were probably doing it inside of me too. I laughed and said yes, they were always active. They really don't want them to move around at all. The basically said that their job is just to stay still, and grow. They are not staying still. Haha.  He did open both eyes, so that was an improvement. His right eye had been fused shut, but now both are open.

                                           He is actually starting to look more baby boy like.
    We were trying to explain to everyone that the pictures don't actually do their size any justice. This gives you a better idea on how small they actually are. It was hard for me to touch them, because I felt like if I pushed to hard I would hurt them. I had to be so gentile!

Thats the word from the NICU tonight! Night all!










No comments:

Post a Comment